HUG aims to improve the environment for patients of the Day Therapy Centre and Dove Unit or under review following treatment in these areas at the Great Western Hospital, Swindon by:
- Organising regular coffee mornings and lunches and arranging other social events away from the Hospital for Haematology and Oncology patients, their relatives and carers.
- Providing the opportunity for them to make friends, share their views and experiences and receive information about hospital and other relevant services.
- Pointing patients in the direction of specialist help available, as required.
- Following up on comments about Hospital Services and reporting back on progress made via the Cancer Services User Involvement Group.
- Fund-raising to provide items for the benefit of patients, such as thermometers, mugs, bookshelves, room redecoration, donations to Dove Ward Charitable funds, Christmas gifts and slippers for patients.